BIOCURATION 2018 TRAVEL FELLOWSHIPS
Call for Applications: ISB Travel Fellowships for Biocuration 2018
The International Society for Biocuration and the 11th International Biocuration Conference invite current ISB members to apply for Travel Fellowships to attend the 2018 conference in Shanghai, China.
We are pleased to provide current ISB members with a travel fellowship opportunity. We intend to support up to ten (10) applicants. Students, junior curators, curators from low-income countries, and curators from countries suffering from natural disasters are encouraged to apply. Selections will be prioritized by financial need.
Please note that applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
Each award will be issued as reimbursement for up to CHF $ 1,000 per fellowship depending on the costs of your registration and travel (e.g. hotel, flight, and ground transportation).
- ISB Travel Fellows must be able to cover their own conference registration fees and travel cost before attending the conference. ISB Travel Fellows will then submit receipts to request a reimbursement from ISB. Save your receipts!
- A bank transfer for up to CHF $1,000 – depending on your registration and travel costs – will be arranged for ISB Travel Fellows.
- The Biocuration Travel Fellowships Committee will advise you on how to receive these funds as reimbursement at the end of the conference.
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be an active ISB member. To become a member go here:
- The applicant should have submitted a poster or oral presentation at the Eleventh International Biocuration Conference.
- Only the presenting author from a multi-author abstract may apply for a fellowship.
- The applicant must submit an accompanying letter explaining why s/he is requesting travel funds and how s/he envisions that attending the Biocuration Conference will benefit her/his career.
- Application Deadline: application materials should be sent to ISB via email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Travel Fellowships to Biocuration 2018’ on or before January 31, 2018.
Notification of award will be sent via email by 16 February, 2018 and announced on the ISB website after acceptance of the award.
Applicants should review visa requirements and make all necessary arrangements on their own. The conference can provide an invitation letter for registered participants. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter of invitation.
Your colleagues at the ISB Executive Committee.
Specific content to see the ISB official network link: