All accepted abstracts for the conference (whether session talk or workshop) have also been accepted for poster presentations. If you are accepted for a talk or workshop, it is also expected that you will be presenting a poster on your submitted abstract.
Posters should be printed in size (height 120cm, width 90cm) and should be portrait (not landscape).
The content of the poster should be clearly legible from a distance of 1 meter.
Poster Printing Service: Printing service is provided by Shanghai Zhulin Exhibition Co., Ltd., one of co-organizers of Biocuration2018.
Poster Printing Contact Details: Please email to Ms. Sheng at email@example.com with Subject Line: “Biocuration 2018 Poster Print + EasyChair Submission number”.
Deadline for Poster Printing: All finalised artwork needs to be supplied before Friday March 30, 2018 (No late submissions accepted. Note that we do not provide onsite printing service).
Your file should be in PDF format and your poster should be set up the size (height 120cm, width 90cm) in portrait style.
Please always check your PDF before sending and ensure that all text and wording are accurate as changes to pdf cannot be rectified by the printing company and any images or illustrations need to be of high resolution.
The conference orgainziers and/or Shanghai Zhulin Exhibition Co., Ltd. accept no responsibility for posters which contain inaccurate and/or improper content.
The poster is printed on Photographic (paper) material.
- orders will be 100 CNY per poster (dates are China Standard Time, GMT+8). 1 USD approximates to 6.3 CNY.
- Payment is required in cash(in CNY).
Poster Pick Up:
- Please make the payment and pick up your poster onsite at the registration desk.
Biocuration Career Award is now closed
Biocuration Career Award
The call for nominations is now closed. The ISB Award committee is reviewing the nominations and the recipient will be announced in January 2018.
The Biocuration Career Award recognizes biocurators in non-leadership positions who have made sustained contributions to the field of biocuration. The recipient will present a talk at the Biocuration 2018 Conference, with expenses paid by the ISB. The current nominations are under review by the ISB Award Committee, comprised of one member of the ISB's Executive Committee (ISB-EC) and six (6) additional members from the wider biocuration community; these members were nominated by the ISB-EC based on diversity in area of expertise, organization type, role, and geographic location.
Poster Sessions & Awards
The International Society for Biocuration is proud to announce the 2018 Biocuration Awards.
The International Society for Biocuration (ISB) is happy to announce the 2018 Biocuration award. Next year, the ISB will give the Biocuration career award to a person who has made sustained contributions to the field of biocuration.
Biocuration Career Award
The Biocuration Career Award recognizes biocurators in non-leadership positions who have made sustained contributions to the field of biocuration. The recipient will be required to present a talk at the Biocuration 2018 Conference, with expenses paid by the ISB. The nominations will be reviewed by the ISB Award Committee, comprised of one member of the ISB's Executive Committee (ISB-EC) and six (6) additional members from the wider biocuration community; these members were nominated by the ISB-EC based on diversity in area of expertise, organization type, role, and geographic location.
Who can nominate and/or be nominated?
- Any currently active ISB member may nominate anyone in the field of biocuration, whether the potential nominee is a member of ISB or not.
- Members of the ISB can make no more than 1 nomination per award.
- Those who hold Principal Investigator or Group Leader positions are not eligible for the Biocuration Career Award.
- Current members of the Executive Committee or the ISB Award Committee are not eligible for the awards.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
How to submit your nomination:
- Nominations should be sent via email to the award committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Biocuration Award Nominations".
- The nomination email should contain the following fields:
- Nominator details (name, e-mail and affiliation, member of ISB);
- Nominee details (name, e-mail and affiliation);
- Short list of scholarly contributions (a maximum of 50 words);
- Brief description of why you are recommending this person (a maximum of 350 words).
- The recipient of the award will be invited to give a presentation at the upcoming
International Biocuration Conference, in Shanghai, China, from 08-11 April 2018 http://biocuration2018.cn/biocuration2018, with all expenses paid by the ISB.
Deadline for submitting nominations: March 30, 2018.