The 11th International Biocuration Conference is a unique event for biocurators and developers of biological databases to discuss their work, promote collaborations, and foster a sense of community in this very active and growing area of research.
You are invited to submit an abstract for a talk or poster presentation at the upcoming conference. This is a great occasion to enhance the recognition of your work and of our profession by the greater biological research communities.
- Precision Medicine
- Phenotypes, genotypes, and variants
- Data Standards and Ontologies
- Text Mining
- Functional Annotation
- Community Annotation
- Data Integration and Visualization
- Deep Learning in curation process
- Softwares, Applications and Systems in biocuration
- Curation Standards and Best Practice;inference from evidence; data and annotation quality
Abstracts on topics outside the above will also be considered for presentation.
Please be mindful of the following deadlines:
Submission deadline: January 15, 2018
Notifications: February 5, 2018
Conference: April 8-11, 2018
Please submit your abstract here: https://easychair.org/cfp/biocuration2018
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- The title and the abstract should be entered in plain text and should not contain HTML elements.
- The abstract should be written in an unstructured format. Separate sections for Background, Materials and Methods, etc., are not needed.
- Copy-paste text may include hidden formatting that exceeds the character limit. We recommend either: saving as 'text only' in your editor or e-mail programme, OR copy-pasting it into Notepad and then onto the website.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words, with the limit of 2000 characters (with spaces).
- Some web browsers do not accept abstracts close to the 2000-character count.
- If you have special symbols in your text, please ensure you are using Unicode characters; otherwise these will not be recognised.
August 15, 2017 - October 31, 2017 [CLOSED]
Full papers, related to the curation, annotation and integration of biomedical data and databases, are invited to be submitted to, and reviewed by, the DATABASE journal - the official journal of the International Society of Biocuration - ISB.
To submit, please go to the INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS page of this journal, and click on the "Submit Now!" link after having read the instructions.
Please CLEARLY state in the cover letter to the journal editor that the submitted manuscript is for the consideration of the Biocuration 2018 conference, so that the DATABASE journal staff will ensure appropriate fast-track review process. Please also indicate the name and email address of the potential author who will attend the Biocuration 2018 conference.
Please follow the INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS for the payment of the Open Access publication fee of this journal.
We will send an email to the corresponding author of each accepted paper by the 1st of March 2018 for the details of oral presentation at the conference.
The manuscript review process will be expedited for these papers and will thus need to be firm on the submission deadline:
- Submission deadline: October 31, 2017
- First decisions: December 6, 2017
- Deadline for revisions: January 9, 2018
- Final decisions: February 28, 2018
- Conference: April 8-11, 2018